Thread: Oscar
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2021, 11:02 PM   #17
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
Any better luck with Oscar last weekend? I didn't stick around but i assume/ hope you're ready for the big events?
Kevin was two seconds off of where we should have been. I was two seconds off Kevin.

Tires are 2018 build and they had some wear, but we don't know how they've been stored. They were stupid slidey by the end of their fifth run. Kevin was still about a second faster on each of the last few runs, so I can't blame it all on tires.

I'm consistently underdriving the entire way. Just a tad bit slower through everything. I think a lot of it is that everywhere Kevin is moves away from 100% throttle, I'm coming of just a little bit more and a little bit longer. Whatever the condition of the tires, I need to get better again at managing slip angles. While driving, I was hyper-aware of the grass and wanted to stay on the pavement enough that I think I gave up a little more than I would have if the pad was solid and there was more runoff room. Coming out of the opening loop and the pinch before the finish were a bit dicey a few times.

Hoping fresh tires and runoff space will help me reset.

It was the first event with a new Race Capture Pro and we had some wiring/power issues, but I think we figured them out and have a fix. It starts hot a lot better than it did before visiting Peter the week before, but it still won't idle cold until it gets to closed loop. Not super happy with our camera setup, but good enough for now.

Quote:
I bailed on NJ due to car issues and CS not making a class. Ugh.
You could run your car in STX. I don't think you'd do poorly. But if the car is giving you issues...maybe you can codrive with someone?

But if you've already decided not to go...

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote