View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 01:44 PM   #50
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
Second wash with Sonax PNS was yesterday. Car wasn't dirty, but had a bit of pollen and, as of yesterday morning, some noticeable dust (that I assume was from the previous day's drilling in the garage and I wanted to remove before giving it a chance to bond). It had been about 10 days and 150 miles since the first wash (140 of the miles from a round trip to Summit Point a week earlier).

I'd have to ditto everything from the first wash. I'd also add that there were very few visible bug splats on the front of the car pre-wash and post wash, it was impossible to see where they had been.
Yesterday was wash #3 post Sonax PNS application. Seven days 173 miles since wash number two. Once again, the car wasn't really dirty, but was pollen covered after the garage door being open for several hours Saturday and spending most of the day sitting outside at Summit Point on Sunday (while I was going not fast enough, but hopefully learning something useful in Oscar). Most of the miles were the sunny good weather early morning and late afternoon drive to/from Summit Point yesterday. Biggest difference from the last wash was some bugs on the front end.

Water sheeting performance in the post-wash rinse and leaf blower drying were both really good. At the time, I thought may not quite as good as the earlier washes, but it's one of those things where you can't really tell if you're noticing a difference or not. I'll say that performance appears to be the same as upon initial application.

There were no cicada remains and there weren't *that* many bugs, but the ones that were there stood out. Each black speck on a bright orange background is much more noticeable than on a dark gray or dark blue background. Or, maybe, I'm just being anal with this car? (probably). All the bugs were reasonably fresh, but probably 75% of the bug remains disappeared in the pre-wash rinse. Everything else disappeared with a single pass of a sudsy wash mitt.

Something that was different this time was the product I used to wash the car. This time I used Sonax Car Wash Shampoo Concentrate. All the previous washes with this car have been with Turtle Wax Ice car wash soap, which is a wash and wax. I first tried it on the Focus ST a long time ago after bren posted something about it and I liked the results and kept using it. I think Turtle Wax is killing the Ice sub-brand/system and the soap is no longer available. I thought that as long as I'm trying the PNS, let's stick with Sonax products and see how it goes. (I also got some of their Brilliant Shine Detailer, but haven't had a chance to use, yet).

I don't know if the car wash makes a difference in what I'm looking at as PNS performance, or if it makes a difference if it will be to PNS's benefit or detriment.

Feeling like I'm really starting to get kind of silly with this, but I'm enjoying it.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote