Thread: Oscar
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2021, 12:01 AM   #11
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
Give it a few more events and I'll bet that you have the car mostly figured out... can you do a test-and-tune at a decent venue?

You've done enough events in the last few years that I think you will adapt within a few events and get used to the car. I can't imagine you would be far from where you expect to be without more and substantial seat time.

I'd have to have some time to type out all my thoughts about Washington Circuit, but it's a site that is available to host an autocross. I have a lot of similar reservations that you both noted, but I still want to autocross and cannot travel too far any longer for local events. I think I'll do ~5 SCCA and 3-4 NCC BMW events at the Washington Circuit this year, but I already miss FedEx despite its issues. If they try variety in how the courses are laid out, some courses will be decent and others will be rough. I've done events with good courses there and events with dreadful courses there.

I still want to autocross... Ripken is a mass vax site now, NJ is too far for a local event for me, so it's this, Philly, or Susquehanna I guess?
I'm sure next week will be better than last week and then I'll get to see if I can adjust to NJ the week after that.

A couple weeks after that is Spring Nats in Lincoln. If you haven't been following along, Spring Nats is going to be two Tours this year, all on the east (plane) course side AND Nebraska region is going to run a test and tune Thursday-Sunday on 2019's west course.

The next five weeks are going to go by quick!

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote