View Single Post
Old 04-11-2021, 11:05 PM   #6
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick M3 View Post
Sonax Polymer Net Shield is an absolutely killer product for the lazy. Wipe on, wipe off, durable, flexible.
This is the most horrible shit to apply and near impossible to "wipe off."

Absolutely aces for something that goes on super tacky and leaves streaky, though.

On a scale of 1-10 for ease of use in application compared to Fast Finish, I'd put FF at a 7 and PNS at a 2. Applying a coat of FF to a Camaro takes about 8-10 minutes, tops. One coat of PNS took near 90 minutes with most of that time spent working the "wipe off" step. I went though a bunch of microfibers and ultimately had to go back over the whole car with a big waffleweave and I'm not sure I got all of it. Oh, and that time doesn't include the hood because I didn't know how well it would play with the black vinyl. I did one small edge and will how that performs before deciding whether to do the rest of it.

No opinion yet for how it actually does its job or for how long. Based on the youtube comparisons, my expectations are for it to beading and sheeting performance to be similar, but probably last longer (but doubt it will last so much longer that I'll ever willingly use it again).

edit: I reversed the ease of use ratings. I believe this is what prompted JST's response below. Whoops. Corrected now.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?

Last edited by clyde; 04-12-2021 at 01:03 AM.
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote