View Single Post
Old 01-01-2021, 10:56 PM   #1762
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
Thank you Clyde!

Thanks! To date I am alive and kicking. I hope you are doing well.

I acquired the “money pit” last May (BAT car). One owner, all books and records with 60,000 miles. #563 of the 1,265 manuals imported. Mechanically it is now a perfect car. I am waiting until this spring to install the correct factory wheels which are NIB style 37s ~ 18” M Parallels. Edit: Hindsight, but I should have just purchased a E39 M5.

My Topaz Z3 has the beige interior. I originally thought about replacing the top when I acquired it with a OE beige top, but the blck top grew on me. I never plan to sell it as it took me 2 or 3 years to locate this one with the options I desired. Plus I enjoy staring at it like a piece of art on occasion.

I still have the ‘17 F15 X5 xDrive35i M Sport that I did Performance Center Delivery on. I had the M Performance software installed in 2019. It provided a subtle performance gain. The exhaust sound definitely improved when in sport mode along with the trans in sport. The warranty expires at the end of May and I am currently on the fence what do. I am considering purchasing the BMW platinum extended warranty or selling it and waiting to order a 2022 LCI X3 M40i next fall. While I love the X5 it is larger than I need.
I will add that I haven’t ever before bought extended warranties on cars, but we did for our E70 X5 (30si). We knew we were going to keep it well past factory warranty, so we bought the Platinum warranty just before the end of our four-year coverage.

We had very few issues with it until year 5. Partly because I drove my M3 in good weather. Years 5-7, however, some expensive things started to go. The Platinum warranty ended up paying for itself and more.

That memory is part of the reason my ex dumped our F15 50i at four years; and why I bought a Mazda this time around as my long haul keeper for a practical car

My 2 is off warranty next month, but I will just “self-insure” that car. It has just 16k miles at four years old. (Knock wood.)
wdc330i is online now   Reply With Quote