View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 08:57 AM   #21
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
Few, at this point. But edge case scenarios where I want to go someplace where there isn't a charger.

It's difficult, infrastructure-wise, to plug two cars in at my house, so moving to a 2 Tesla household is still tricky. Plus the E90/F30 option would probably be cheaper.
You can always rent or borrow something for that edge case, can't you? Does it take more than two hands to count the number of times you've driven somewhere from your home in the last two years where charging wasn't a reasonable option (no matter which car you took)?

Is the E90/F30 cheaper over the course of several years? (I have no idea and lots of variables I can't estimate.)

Is the inability to charge a second vehicle a permanent thing or just how your house is today?

I've been repeating the argument that charging a car is difficult enough for enough people as to pose a challenge to full acceptable of EVs without gas station like charger access with gas station like charging times. If charging two cars at your home is a problem that can't be fixed by having an electrician come out to run a new circuit, that may be a new wrinkle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
I mean, what it comes down to is that if it's mostly my car, I want something like a Quad or a 911. If it's mostly hers, she'd prefer something lower-strung. The Golf R is a really nice balance; the Focus RS, e.g., is a little too boy racer.

STI doesn't really interest me. I had one a while ago and it had its charms but they were limited.
I knew you had a WRX, but don't recall the STI.

I find the idea of you commuting in a Quad or 911 kind of depressing. The 2.0 Giulia seems particularly well suited, though.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote