View Single Post
Old 01-03-2020, 12:03 PM   #1349
JST

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
That's certainly one take on it.

Another might be, "While Tesla has repeatedly demonstrated the car's performance envelope is elastic and no one really has any idea what it's actually capable of, only a handful of individuals numbering in single digits have demonstrated the commitment to compete in one. So, before a significant number of our members commit big bucks to campaigning 3s, we're going to put them over there—where it can still be quite competitive—for a bit where they will cause the least amount of disruption to the other 99.6% (6 of 1300 is 0.4%, right?) of competitors while we figure out how to integrate this disruptive technology into our member driven amateur hobby in a way that makes sense."
Right, which is what I said above--they are going to class it in a place where they hope to bury it and prevent people from campaigning it, so that they don't have to deal with it.

As much as this unnamed SEB member claims to be embracing the future, the attitude is "this electric family sedan scares the members because it doesn't vroom vroom like everything else, but while some members are so terrified of this grocery getter that they want to exclude it entirely from competition, in my magnanimity I will allow it to compete so long as it does so only with purpose built sports cars."
JST is online now   Reply With Quote