View Single Post
Old 01-03-2020, 11:29 AM   #1347
JST

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
An SEB member (the primary rule making committee) unofficially described reasoning behind the reclassing decision on another forum this morning:
LOL, there are a lot of reasons to class the car in any number of places, but that is (pardon my french) fucking stupid.

"We are classing it in SS because maybe one day there will be a ludicrous mode, and also we don't want to rock the boat by dropping it into the class that fits it best."

EDIT: Also monstrously stupid is the idea that the Taycan and the Model 3 (and 2.0 Roadster?) are somehow naturally in the same class because they are both EVs. Are all ICE cars classed together? Or even all V8s? I mean, the Taycan is going to be a pheonomonally more capable performance car than the Model 3 because it is a sportscar that costs more than 2X as much. Like the GT3 RS, actually, which is also in SS for some reason.

I mean, come the fuck on. If the Taycan is going to be classed in SS, that's about the best reason possible to class the Model 3 somewhere else.

EDIT to EDIT:

I'm glad I don't have time to autocross anymore, because dealing with this kind of "logic" would make me put my head through a wall.

Last edited by JST; 01-03-2020 at 11:41 AM.
JST is offline   Reply With Quote