View Single Post
Old 01-03-2020, 08:24 AM   #1343
JST

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBB View Post
You’d think they would class a car based on some basic performance tests like 0-60, 0-100, and or slalom times? That way cars with common characteristics in those tests are in the same class?

Slalom times would have to be tested, so maybe just simple acceleration and possibly weight?
I mean, I appreciate that there's a lot that goes into it. One big factor is AWD v. non-AWD, which (as clyde notes) presents a huge advantage in certain weather conditions, and apparently the Model 3's AWD is particularly effective.

As clyde also says, one of the things they have to take into account is real-world results. 0-60 etc. only tells you so much.

But the Model 3 is a hard bird to class. It's 0-60 times are shockingly quick for a car of its size and weight. It also seems to autocross (and handle generally) better than you'd expect given its weight and tire limitations.

That said, is it really that much of an overdog compared to other cars in BS? The results posted above don't suggest it.

That said, the classes are kind of a mess. I dare you to look through AS, SS, and BS and come up with any real unifying principle:

https://www.scca.com/downloads/48116...duced/download
JST is offline   Reply With Quote