Old 11-03-2003, 09:24 PM   #16
Rob
The user formerly known as rwg

Carmudgeonly Ride: Z4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Kennedy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwg
Terry, unless you have some mystic powers that I don't, I would never be satisfied with your process. Not that they wouldn't be clean, just that I would be able to find more break dust to clean off. I search for it, you see.
Well, before a show I'll pull the wheels and clean the inside surfaces as well. But with this basic regimen, I've done well at competitions. As an example, at the Old Westbury Concour in September I scored all 30 points out of a possible 30 for wheels & tires. And this is with Type 73's, which most people seem to dislike because of how hard they say they are to keep clean. Maybe I do have some sort of magic system - I don't think they're hard at all to clean. Perhaps it is the BMW wheel brush I'm using - it fits in the spokes nicely and cleans 100% of the area of the spoke in 2-3 passes.
*looks around nervously* Are you a good wizard or a bad wizard?

I could never get my wheels clean enough to show in 2 to 3 mins each. I will have to check out this "bmw wheel brush" and see if it is the source of your magical powers. Perhaps the BMW wheel cleaner is your magical brew. Perhaps each are but simple spell components . . .
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote