Thread: What now?
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 09:42 PM   #98
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
My wife just texted that Carmax offered $3,000.
Two months later, they offered $3,000 again today and I took it.

The car was driven on a couple very short trips soon after that, then was moved in the driveway twice more, but basically sat for the last two months. On the drive to Carmax this morning, the brakes felt more like they were offering suggestions to vehicle speed, they pulsed badly in time with wheel rotation, and the car shuddered when applying them more firmly. The dash was lit like a Christmas tree. The 12 mile drive to Carmax was spent worrying the car wouldn't make it.

Based solely on buy/sell prices and not accounting for maintenance, repairs, gas, insurance, etc, it was the lowest cost vehicle we've had since leaving California in 2001 at $0.14/mile and only the 325xiT and 2000 Altima SE cost less on a monthly basis, the Altima noticeably so, and the BMW barely so.

My wife really grew attached to it, but knew it was time to say goodbye. I liked it, too, but even at a little more money than a new base Outback, the Rav4 Hybrid is a much better fit. (I still can't get comfortable with saying teh words.)

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote