Thread: Chevy Colorado
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 11:39 PM   #35
rumatt
Mugwump

Carmudgeonly Ride: E46 330i, Chevy Colorado, Tesla Model 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bren View Post
I have one like that too, but on mine you just flip a couple levers to remove it. After you remove it though, you have to store it somewhere.... Get a Bakflip style.
Right... maybe. I do like a lot about it. The blocking the rear view is kind of annoying, but I guess better than not being able to haul the item because you had nowhere to store the cover.

The other issue is that any tonneau that you release by opening the gate and pulling a string - it might as well not lock. All you have to do is slide a hanger in there and pull the string.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B8kBhUynf4

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V View Post
Kevin has the sliding roll-up style hard cover. Pull a latch and push it and it retracts to the base of the cab. I think I like this style the best, but he can't haul nearly the amount of stuff in the bed that I can.
I was originally leaning toward one of these. But I don't like that it takes up space inside the bed (about 10"x10"). With a folding one I can jam more stuff under the cover when it's open, like a bicycle or the the end of a kayak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
Just did an image search and saw something that gave me an idea. You could probably build something with wood and/or metal pipe riding on casters that that you can wheel into place and then move somewhere else. Inside and outside.
I don't have anywhere near the room for something like that, inside or outside the garage. The cap is officially out.

Last edited by rumatt; 04-03-2018 at 12:13 AM.
rumatt is offline   Reply With Quote