View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 10:50 AM   #3
lemming
Western Anomaly

Carmudgeonly Ride: White Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by John V View Post
The C6 Z06 exhibiting this behavior is understanding. It's got a lot of rear anti-roll bar and a huge amount of tire stagger. The Z51 I'm puzzled about. It should handle very similarly to a C5 Z06 based on having similar springs, shocks and bars. And my car is definitely not spooky at the limit, it's very predictable. The only major difference is that they changed the rear suspension geometry on the C6 (the front end is the same), but I thought that was to IMPROVE predictability!

I wonder if it's the rake. The C6s ship with a lot more rake than the C5s did, and my car has essentially no rake the way it's set up. With the rear end way up compared to the front (in a stock C6) you will get a situation where the front end can write checks that the rear end can't cash. Lowering the rear would probably help.
the C5 Z06 is the most fun i've had ever on-track --and back to back with a c6 z51 is just horrible.

i think you've just convinced me to buy a c5 z06 is i'm going to go that direction instead of new C6.

thanks.

lemming is offline   Reply With Quote