View Single Post
Old 02-22-2022, 12:27 PM   #11
equ
Alphanumeric

Carmudgeonly Ride: 981S, 340i
All the literature is on JST's side with the regular flush. My data point of one doesn't prove anything, it just affects me emotionally (and it also means very likely no more subie boxers for life). I actually did some reading on flushes and plan on getting on one in my next service.

The coolant reservoir kept taking more and more water to the point that I think I added more than a quart. I haven't started the car yet, it has a very narrow window from Min to Max and I have a feeling this will make the warning go away. I think I had been below min for some time but the warning light takes a lot lower level to trigger.

So OCD me is not upset that I weakened the coolant 50:50 too much, but then again the car takes a massive 6 gallons of it! I don't think I'll be going through next winter with this coolant anyway.

Hopefully it was just a slow evaporation that happened to go past the warning trigger and it's not a leak. Not looking forward to dropping car off at indie shops 45min away with rides needed both ways and 4-figure bills.
equ is offline   Reply With Quote