View Single Post
Old 11-29-2021, 08:00 PM   #2
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC View Post
I hate screwing up.

I drained the oil in the LR4 without checking that I had enough new oil. I had 3 quarts of the 5W-20 and thought I had a new 5 quart bottle that would have given me the 8 that I need, but that other bottle was 0W-20 for the Miata.

Annoyingly, Walmart doesn't carry it anymore (at least not within ~80 miles), and Amazon won't get it to me until Friday. Now the LR4 is in the back garage and the M3 is still on summer tires. So basically we are down to 1 car (sort of) until Friday. Yes, the M3 can be driven in summer tires, and yes, I could pay $11/quart at Autozone, but I am not doing that.

Also I've been too busy to do the cooling system work and now it's effectively winter and I don't want to risk having the SUV down for extended time. I think I may have to wait until Spring.

Just a lot of suckage.
Are you sure about the Autozone pricing? My local Autozone is showing like a dozen different 5w-20 synthetics in 5qt jugs for under $28/ea. Even the more expensive Mobil 1 stuff isn't so much more expensive than Amazon that I'd wait an extra day if having teh car down was going to cause a headache.

It's not that I don't sympathize (empathize, really) on doing preventable dumb stuff, I'm just not seeing what the problem is here.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote