View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 01:24 PM   #23
JST

I've never had a CarPlay implementation that worked reliably and consistently. The VW's would stop working for weeks at a time (only on particular phones, though), and then would inexplicably come back. The one in my parents' Mustang works a little more reliably, but still not 100 percent of the time.

When it does work, it's...fine, I guess, but the integration isn't necessarily better than whatever the car is running natively (especially in Audis without touch screens). Not sure how it would work in a BMW with no touch screen; mine doesn't have it.

There is no chance in hell that I'd pay for it.

Re: FC's point, I'd be very interested in Nick's take on the F80. It's...also fine? I mean, I like it, and there are some things about it I like a lot. But it's not a particularly engaging car to drive, and it also has very little steering feel. It's fast but it definitely has some lag, and the power comes on in a whack that reminds you it is turbocharged. I don't think there's a better performance sedan around right now, but honest to god I'm not sure it's a better overall car than the E46 330i ZHP.
JST is offline   Reply With Quote