Thread: Fuck Tesla
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2020, 12:02 PM   #37
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kognito View Post
A little unrelated to these delete issues, but not as unrelated as Obama . . .WTF is Tesla's gameplan for old cars? Down here there are ICE cars running around on the highway that could never pass MV inspections in northern states.

Any yahoo shadetree mechanic can get a ICE car/truck back on the road that should be in a junk yard. . . . what is going to be the value of a 10-15+ year old Tesla? Who the fuck will/can fix them?

There are Tesla's on the road here in SC, but there is no where to service them in SC
This is part of what "right to repair" is about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick M3 View Post
Based on the Roadster, the answer is that they will be deprecated and unserviceable.

(I suspect that they will have to figure out an alternative option.)
Who is "they"? It's kind of hard to believe Tesla will cooperative, but all it would take is an insulting tweet directed at Elon when he's at just that right point of being stoned to change things, so who knows?

All those old cars represent the bulk of the cars on the road today. Many of them were once expensive fancy new fangled ICE things. If that trickle down process supported by independent repairs and non-OE parts doesn't replicate to the electric world, it's going to take an insanely longer time for electrics to replace ICE cars and there could be a distinctly Cuban vibe. I'm sure someone will figure it out...there's way too much money in it to leave it alone, but I just don't see Tesla being cooperative and that's everyone's loss.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote