View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 06:00 PM   #37
Alan
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
I feel like no one is acknowledging how good a deal the Tesla Model 3 Performance is.

I just built an equivalent 340i and it is $64,220.
The price is a bargain for the performance, I think it is just most people myself included need to get used to the idea of charging a car plus the part of Tesla not being a main stream manufacturer is a negative thing, I want my car fixed right away if an accident occurred ... how is Tesla service, is it normal where you bring your car in and it gets fixed right away ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
It's a shapeless egg with a mouthless Keanu Reeves in "The Matrix" face. It better be good at something.
I think the Tesla 3 is a really cool looking car, I love the whole look, even the plain nose ... it reminds me of a car from the future that you see in the movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post

At three model years old and 36,000 miles, if I'd paid $24,500, an $18k offer today would be...meh?
$6,500 loss on a 3 year old car purchased brand new and 36k miles is amazing and you know I’ve owned A LOT of new cars. I always expect a $6k loss (actually more like $8k to $10k) at a minimum per year.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote