View Single Post
Old 10-11-2020, 05:24 PM   #62
RMR
Crotchety

Carmudgeonly Ride: 2020 Honda Civic Hatch Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick M3 View Post
Ignoring the looks, the comment that I hear on the Civics is that NVH isn’t great. The GTI is a much more civilized car, which is the whole point.

The NVH issues were addressed in the 2020 Civics (at least in the refresh of the hatchbacks). Honda added more sound deadening and vibration control. But that being said, this 2020 Civic is still louder inside than both my 2012 GTI and 2015 GTI. It was in no way a deal breaker for me since it is what it is. A car that is $10k less than a new GTI with 85% of the GTI performance. And as for the looks of the Civic Hatchback I understand. I have yet to meet anyone who is neutral on the styling of it. People either think it's way too obnoxious or that it looks great. I was wary of it at first (more because I know my wife would think it looked bad) but after a week or so it really grew on me and I find it to be refreshing in a unique way. If you're looking at a Golf it is really worth driving a Civic Hatch Sport or Sport Touring both with the manual.

Last edited by RMR; 10-11-2020 at 05:42 PM.
RMR is offline   Reply With Quote