View Single Post
Old 01-23-2006, 01:25 PM   #20
lupinsea
Jeeped

Carmudgeonly Ride: Modified Jeep Tj and '07 Miata
Damn, you guys are fast, I just posted this last night. Cool. Thanks a bunch guys.

Considering the mild upgrades to the ZHP I didn't think it would be a big deal but I thought I'd check. If we can find a ZHP for a good price then I think I'll go with that. I find it a VERY sweet package from the suspension tweaks to the cam and software, and the wheels. Very nice.

It also looks like there are some common wear items that I just need to be ready for. I've read the write ups on the control arm replacement, that looks easy enough given time for a learning curve. Althought I thought it was the rear bushings that go out. Plaz just mentioned something about the arms "snapping" potentially? Never heard about that aspect.

And I'd heard about the window regulators and a little about the cooling system. Does the whole system really need to be replace (incl radiator?) I thought it was just the water pumps that tend to go bad.... something about the impeller.

Oh, and would it be worth it to pick up a code reader tool of some kind to plug into the car's OBD?? system? Thinking this may save money after a few readings vs. taking it into the dealer.

Oh, shocks! As a consumable every 30-40k would it make sense to replace the OEM spec shock with an aftermarket variety that perhaps will last longer? Or do they all pretty much need replacement at 30-40k?
lupinsea is offline   Reply With Quote