View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 02:35 PM   #49
FC
Solving problems

Carmudgeonly Ride: M5 / 718 GTS / Cooper S / GTI / LR4
Quote:
Originally Posted by John V View Post
My post wasn't a judgment on your decisions or anyone else's. The virus has just shown us what we really value in life, and number one is time with our family and friends. We can't buy more time but putting as much money away in investments will get me to the "finish" line that much sooner. I actually really enjoy my job, so the "finish" line is probably where I cut my hours to half-time and spend the rest of that time on extra trips to ski with my brother or whatever.

The other part of it is most cars have gone the exact opposite direction of what I want. I really just want them to be entertaining and engaging. New cars are just so distant-feeling and digital when I want them to be analog. And if I want something bonkers I'd prefer to just build it myself (like my RX-8).
Not to derail the subject, but to your point about COVID, one positive is that it has changed a lot of companies' attitude towards productivity working remotely. My wife and I are seriously considering considering renting a place for a few weeks in western Europe one of these summers and pitching the idea to our employers to work remotely from there with a good a couple of weeks of vacation in the mix.
FC is offline   Reply With Quote