View Single Post
Old 03-18-2020, 09:09 PM   #77
lemming
Western Anomaly

Carmudgeonly Ride: White Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
Occasionally, a used 1LE comes in to a non-Chevy dealer, they don't know what they have, and price it without accounting for it. It's a $7k MSRP option.

There was a 2019 with 2k miles in Chicago at a Benz dealer that I just missed. The website ask price they had dropped to before auctioning it about a week before I was ready to buy would have been a steal. Instead, a dealer near Rochester, NY bought it and listed it at $9k more than where the Chicago Benz dealer was when they gave up which is also about $2500 more than a new 2020 car would cost me OTD.

I'm also pretty fixed on getting a car with the Performance Data and Video Recorder option and that really limits the options.

I've detailed up the thread how much I was not enjoying this hunt, but thanks! Maybe it will be different when I get back to it.

If you’ve driven the Mustang equivalent of the SS 1LE I would be glad to read your impressions about how the two cars compare.

I really like the GT sound as the SS is much less dramatic for exhaust ear candy.

I have no sense for how these two cars compare chassis to chassis but my guess is if you thought the Mustang GT was superior for autocross you would be seeking that out instead.

lemming is offline   Reply With Quote