Thread: 718 Cayman GT4
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2019, 11:03 AM   #38
JST

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V View Post
I wish I could get more excited about street cars. I feel like ten years ago there were a bunch of cars I wanted to own, but these days I'm just not that excited about anything.

On paper I like the Camaro. I really enjoyed Clyde's car at an autocross. But the visibility out is a deal killer for me. The car feels so claustrophobic.

I should drive an M2. Everyone who has driven one absolutely loves it. I don't really like the styling and I worry about BMW's ever-worsening reliability. And they're holding their value pretty well. No other BMW even remotely interests me. The M3/M4 are just too big, too complex, too expensive and too heavy.

The GTI is a great car and probably the best all-around car on the market. Great visibility, comfortable, relatively fun to drive, inexpensive. But again, reliability. I've gotten the point I really don't want to work on my street cars.

The Civic Si honestly would probably be perfect for me... if it didn't have the styling it has. I can't get past it.

Mazda doesn't seem to build anything with any power, and I do like a little power in my street cars. The 3 with a turbo and AWD would make a killer daily driver. But as it stands, it's just a little too bland I think.

The Supra sounds like a great car, but it's auto only, it's really ugly and it's really expensive.

I guess this is why I've been stuck in the "do nothing" state for a few years. But the Mazdaspeed is getting long in the tooth and I feel like I'm going to want to replace it in the next year or so. So I've got to figure something out.

I don't doubt that the M2 is smaller and more fun than the M3 (I never got a chance to drive one), but I don't think it's any less complex. It's basically the same car underneath, isn't it?
JST is offline   Reply With Quote