View Single Post
Old 01-29-2024, 08:16 AM   #20
FC
Solving problems

Carmudgeonly Ride: M5 / 718 GTS / Cooper S / GTI / LR4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post
it will be interesting when the weather gets a little nicer if you get that 'shrinks around you feel'. Otherwise, your review reminds me a lot of my e39m5. I think that incredible levels of competence from a car that doesn't rub it in your face has always been the essence of the m5. I remember the best description of my old e39 being a locomotive. Silly levels of power with no drama. When you pushed that car, though, it did come alive and felt like it shrunk around you. Maybe when it warm up and you can get some heat in the tires this one will show that side of itself.

It is beautiful and I'm sure you'll appreciate the comfort side when you're commuting to work most days.

Congrats again. This is such a cool car.
Thanks! Pretty happy with it so far. I still feel like I've not really driven it, since I've only done a neighborhood loop twice.

I've never driven an E39, but I find it interesting that you keep drawing parallels between my experience in the F90 and yours in the E39.

I want to get it registered and go on longer drives and spend more time outside of comfort mode. Certainly the interior, features, and quality are amazing. The car has zero rattles. It's not old, but it's not new either with 33k miles.
FC is offline   Reply With Quote