Thread: Dial 911
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2020, 02:22 PM   #661
JST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post
So this is starting to get a little more real for us.

I'll start with I'm just not comfortable with the Blue car. Alan, I really appreciate you checking it out for me. Everytime I look at your pics I am uncomfortable with how bright the blue is and I really don't like black interiors. As I've mentioned a few times before, I'm struggling with the P-Car stigma already, and I think the look at me aspect of the blue would make me even more uncomfortable.

There are actually two Silver / Espresso cars available in my price range within a day's drive of our house in the budget range we've set. They each have some pros/cons so I'm interested in hearing people's feedback.
First One (Originally posted above):https://www.westmontporsche.com/used...4f20a3a4bd.htm
Second One:https://www.akronmaserati.com/invent...ca2a97hs142588

The first one (posted above) is a C4 vs the 2nd one which is a standard Carrera. Reality is I wont do any bad weather driving and it will be on summer tires, so I am not sure if the 4wd actually adds anything beneficial. I know you lose trunk space.

The first one had a $144k original sticker vs $125 for the second one. The first one has LCA (valuable) and Sport Chrono (questionable value on a manual) and a bunch of extra leather and stitching (looks nice). The second one has 18 ways (vs 14 ways on the first) and much nicer RS Spyder Wheels. I've asked the first dealership if they'd switch the black wheels on the first one for a silver set of identical design that is on another of their pre-owned inventory cars. I really don't like black rims.

The first one is CPO through 2022, the second one was put into production over a year later (they're both 2017 models but one was built 3/2016, the other 3/2017). and has 15k less miles.

Assuming prices are within $5k of each other, which one would you get and why?
I'm not sure there's a wrong choice here. The CPO would be nice to have, but you're only talking about an extra year of warranty, right? The second one is covered by factory warranty through 3/21?

I'm not a huge fan of the wheels on either one, but agree that the RS Spyder wheels are nicer.

I mean, personally I'd get the blue one, but if you don't like flashy colors, you don't like flashy colors. As between the other two, I'd probably go with the second, given the lower mileage and the fact that the warranty cover isn't that different--and it's the cheaper of the two.

EDIT: You could also look into how much an extended warranty would be from Porsche, since the second one is still under factory cover; I think you can do that (at least you could a number of years ago). Probably won't cost more than the difference in price between the two.
JST is offline   Reply With Quote