Thread: Dial 911
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2024, 10:44 AM   #5919
Alan
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
The rear hips are fully covered with the rocker panel piece. It is one piece. After install they install a new piece of film similar to the film from the factory on top so you have double protection on the wide bodied hips. It generally works well with the 8 mil film, but with the 10 mil there is a lot going on so we are going to have to revisit that and come up
That is interesting, I did not know there was a choice of width on the PPF ... I don't know I what have but truthfully I cannot tell my car even has PPF. Also being I have a targa roof there is no seam on the roof to notice.

Do you have a Sunroof because it looks like there is a panel in front of it and I would be surprised you could notice the PPF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post

So… I guess the big question is am I in love with it? Not really… overall it is just okay. If my ownership makes it passed the break-in period we will see if my opinion changes, but having to stay below 4000 RPMs for nearly 2000 miles is killing me!
Do you really need to keep it below 4,000 RPM'S ? While I do follow some break in guidelines there is no way I am adhering to a 2,000 mile break in if I end up with the 992.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC View Post
I learned my lesson with the F80. The moment I started driving it in the highway chips started appearing everywhere. This is the case particularly if driven in the winter even when dry.
I learned my lesson first on the R8, it had perfect paint when I bought it with only one tiny chip on a rear fender, one day I'm on the expressway and a truck was spilling sand and tiny rocks all over the place, I ended up with at least 50 rock chips (probably more) on the front bumper and hood ... it was a mess.

The 911 went through something similar but the result was not nearly as bad though I wasn't happy it still had some chips.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote