View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 06:40 AM   #203
John V
No more BMWs

Carmudgeonly Ride: Ram, MS3, CX-5, RX-8
I put a proper fuel pump in it last night. And mounted the wing.

A Deatschwerks 9-307-1009 DW300 fuel pump fits perfectly in the stock RX-8 Series 2 fuel pump housing. And flows enough fuel to feed the car with E85 for more than the power I expect to make, even if I run silly boost levels.

I spent a couple hours on Sunday measuring up the trunk lid to mount the wing uprights. Then drilled it today. It still needs to be set up, and I haven't attached the upper element supports, but I did all the major work mounting it up. Thanks to Rick at Ciro racing for a great deal on the wing.

I bought a set of LS2 coils off eBay a couple weeks ago. I'm a little worried about the stock ignition system, as the Miata guys report having a lot of misfires with the stock coils. I picked up a set of Brisk silver plugs that should help, versus the wide-gap iridiums that were in this motor, but I won't have time to do the LS setup before going to see Pete on Saturday morning. I may bring the coils down there and if we see crazy breakup at high RPM I can always go to Autozone and get a cheap set of plug wires for a Tahoe and wire up the coils real quick.

The only other thing I did was spend a couple hours Sunday doing a nut and bolt on the car. Driveshaft, axles, suspension, subframes, diff mounts, trans mounts, etc. I don't want anything coming apart on the dyno.
John V is offline   Reply With Quote