View Single Post
Old 04-05-2019, 03:25 PM   #2109
zach
swinging for the fences

Carmudgeonly Ride: 987, X7 M60i, e36 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
Ha, I was just looking at that, and kind of day dreaming, but for the love of god as much as I want a Ferrari the shitty engineering associated with that car just pisses me off. An engine out service every 5 years? A $25,000 service on a 25,000 mile car?? What in the actual ever loving fuck. I mean, people freak out about the IMS bearings in 996s, but that's a flaw and very unlikely to happen and it *still* costs less to fix a grenaded engine than you would expect to pay in routine maintenance on your Ferrari.

That's just dumb.

Also, did you see the seats? Once again, that car has 25,000 miles on it, and it looks like the interior was mauled by the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal. The Boxster has twice the miles and looks roughly 100 times better.

Owning that car would give me angina.
I've been similarly casually shopping old Ferraris as well - the interior on this one isn't really an outlier. I think it's the years and not the miles. Josh - look at a 456 maybe. They are v12 and neat and seemingly in the trough of their depreciation curve.
zach is offline   Reply With Quote