View Single Post
Old 11-06-2020, 02:10 PM   #1474
John V
No more BMWs

Carmudgeonly Ride: Ram, MS3, CX-5, RX-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
I've spent enough time doing racer math with this guy to confirm this statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
When you say you've driven so many Tesla's is this on a track ? How are you able to drive so many different cars ?
I've driven ONE tesla. A buddy of mine (that a lot of the DC region people know) used to cycle through cars every few months. He had a Model S for about a year, which says something. I only ever drove it on the street.

I get to drive a lot of interesting cars when doing autocross instruction for the Evo school. I typically teach two to three a year but did zero in 2020 for obvious reasons

Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
The other thing about the Tesla and commuting is the lack of noise and vibration.
Yep. Oddly, one of the things I kind of like about old-school cars is the noise, vibration, and general "mechanical-ness." Even when commuting. And I don't really commute in traffic much anymore. But even so, man, the Model 3 is really tempting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBB View Post
I have one and also love having no car payment!
I got to thinking about this last night and given that money is nearly free right now, if anything now would be the time to buy one. I guess a more accurate statement would be I don't want to spend money on cars these days. And a Model 3 would be a huge net outlay even if I sold off two of our cars.
John V is offline   Reply With Quote