View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 02:27 PM   #16
equ
Alphanumeric

Carmudgeonly Ride: 981S, 340i
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC View Post
The Cup tires is a very good point. And I agree the top is a big deal. Apparently engine performance is very similar (same torque, just 20 more hp).

I personally preferred the adaptive seats on the 997TT to the power seats on the 987S.
Seats are definitely personal; adaptives generally work well for slimmer folk. None of them are as bad as those carbon fiber torture boxes that demanded thousands on resale (or used to at least).

I don't hate mine, not at all, but I know I'd be more comfortable on a longer trip on the 14-ways which have been much improved on the 991/981 compared to the 997/987 generation. I had the power seats in both my 987.2 and 997.2 and they were ok but nothing to write home about. The 981/991 14-ways are like comfy chairs.

You're also likely right on resale. I did not take a bath on the GT4. It's just that having gone that route, I've learned that sometimes a step more street friendly is the better choice. It so happens I came to this realization in the previous incarnation of these exact same cars, so I'm guessing that will hold for this time around as well. I find the 981 S/GTS to be more fun than the GT4. The 718 GTS sounds like the absolute sweet spot in porsche's line-up.
equ is offline   Reply With Quote