View Single Post
Old 10-07-2006, 11:55 AM   #10
lupinsea
Jeeped

Carmudgeonly Ride: Modified Jeep Tj and '07 Miata
Thanks a lot guys! Big help. I think I'll definitely do the 60k myself especially if I can reset the service interval thingy.

BTW, does that method for resetting the service interval still apply for '03 cars? It seems there are two methods:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW325 OP, for car bilt post 6/2000), Post #1
To reset the indicator:
-The car should be off
-hold down the left instrument button (the trip odometer reset)
-while holding the key, turn the ignition to position 1 (radio)
-you will see a test menu
-keep holding the button
-after maybe 10 seconds, the word "reset" will appear
-let go of the button and press again
-THe indicator is reset!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 346baller, post #16
After Mid-2000: You should not have the 20-pin DLC connector. You only need to hold the left odometer reset button while turning the key to position 1 (Accessory). Keep holding the button for 5 or so seconds until any of the following shows in the display: OIL SERVICE or INSPECTION with RESET or RE. Release the button and press it again for another 5 or so seconds until RESET or RE flash. While the display flashes, press the button one more time briefly. If done correctly, END SIA should show up for a few seconds. All done.!

Finally, any reason to get the diagnostic pulled from the dealer? No lights are showing up on my dash at all. I know the computers can store minor error codes but if no warning lights are showing up on the dash is there any reason to bring the car in?

Thanks again!
lupinsea is offline   Reply With Quote