View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 09:52 PM   #93
clyde
Chief title editor

No update update.

In my account, my car is listed and the page for it shows a process chart of sorts.

Step 1 is accept offer and shows as "accepted offer"

Step 2 is "verify ownership" and requires you to upload some docs. I did that Monday night and it changed to "we need 1-2 business days for review and then we'll contact you about next steps.

Step 3 is "Get paid - tell us how you want to get paid"

Step 4 is "Schedule appointment"

Late last night, I got an email with the subject "Still need more time?" and inside a prompt to accept the offer I had already accepted. There was also a big box with text along the lines of "if you already accepted the offer and uploaded your documents, you can turn off this reminder."

48-ish hours and 2 full business days later, Step 2 still says what it said when my docs were first updated. No more emails today (so far). When I went to look at the webpage with the offer/deal(?) there was a box at the top of the page that said:
"COVID-19 Update
Operational changes to keep customers and employees safe have impacted vehicle purchasing. We are still accepting trade-ins with purchase, but have temporarily paused all other purchases of vehicles from customers."
It was already 9:00 EDT, which is when their customer service phone line closes for the night and their chat looks like a chatbot, so I sent an email asking we'll still be able to complete the transaction when we get to the other side. No automated response.

My hopes of concluding this transaction at the offered price is low, but not completely washed out. There's more than one reason that could be why they suspended non-trade purchases (market is haywire, preserving capital, lower staff/contractor availability, etc), but it's totally unclear about where that leaves my deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post
I should have posted earlier, but my buddy tried to Carvana his boxster on Friday of last week. Had the offer accepted, all the paperwork done and then found out that (in PA at least) they were barred from doing transactions due to being non-essential. His offer was put on hold and I believe was said to be valid up to the point they are allowed to pick it up.

Did you confirm they are able to come and get it?
Josh, has your friend had any updates? I can see it being more likely his deal happens than mine, but can just as easily see either or both being voided.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote