View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 06:18 PM   #92
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
VA's order should still permit retail car sales to operate. As non-essential businesses, they are restricted but closure is not mandated.

Whether any of them actually still are operating is a different question.
After a steady stream of dealer emails the past week saying "we're open," I just got one from a MD Chevy dealer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criswell Chevrolet
As of this morning we have seen clarification from the State of Maryland that Auto dealerships are allowed to be open for business for both SALES and SERVICE.

Health and safety are our priority. Our staff is continually reminded of social distancing standards and the recommended sanitizing procedure from the CDC.

If your vehicle needs service attention or you need to purchase a vehicle, we recommend you call our sales and service department to arrange for your visit to be as smooth and expedient as possible. Our professionals will get as much of the information necessary before your visit. We are minimizing staff in order to limit exposure to both our team members and customers.
Dunno if the clarification means that sales can happen where service operations continue or something else. Not sure how or if it applies to Carvana. And I haven't heard from them all day

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote