View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 08:21 PM   #910
ZBB
Relic

Carmudgeonly Ride: A very fast golf cart
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumatt View Post
My commute *is* highway miles. I drove naturally this morning, not looking at the w/mile, but also not driving abnormally aggressively either. I was going 75-80mph at times.

At work I looked and the 27 mile trip averaged 369 w/mile. That's 211 range total for the full battery. Using 70% of the battery (85-15%) that's 147 miles total.

EDIT: I do go up and back down a decent sized hill on the commute.. But I do also go back down it. This isn't a 1-way hill climb.

It's the same commute and driving style where the e46 is averaging 26 MPG and the Colorado is 20 MPG
What is the speed limit? Keep in mind that the air resistance impact on mileage is not linear — and once you are over 49, you really feel the impact. Try driving 5 over the limit one day to see what you get...

For uphill vs downhill, you will gain most of the lost range from going uphill when you head back downhill (easily 90%). In my S, the first Supercharger trip we took in early 2014 was up to the Grand Canyon, Our house in Scottsdale was 129 miles to the Supercharger in Flagstaff, but there was a 5000 foot elevation gain, We used 190 rated miles going uphill (mostly at the speed limit, the last 20 miles were at about 7-8 over) but only ~120 heading back downhill (at 5-8 over most of the way)...