View Single Post
Old 02-06-2021, 10:41 AM   #1831
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdc330i View Post
Funny. There is a guy on my Nextdoor listserve who apologized to the whole neighborhood for how loud his Dodge Charger is. Apparently someone had slipped a note under his door...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
I should apologize for how loud the BMW is and also how loud the Tesla isn’t.

Actually, one of my neighbors has a Lexus GX470 and that thing is ridiculously loud on start up—not the exhaust, but I think the cooling fan? It sounds like a turbofan engine.
A kid (mid 20s?) a few houses up the street has a Scat Pack Charger. I think he has an exhaust on it that's louder than stock (and stock wasn't quiet). He gets on it in the neighborhood, which I don't like, but I've never had an issue with the sound. It's more pleasant than the variety of older 1/2 ton and 3/4 trucks that live or work in the neighborhood. Also more pleasant than the RSX with a fart pipe that "warms up" for 10 minutes before leaving the garage several times a day a few houses down.

JST, you don't need to apologize as you're well balanced.

edit- The Camaro forum is peppered with threads with titles like "My neighbors are angry" "Someone left a note" "What can I do to quiet down startup?"

My favorite is still my wife asking me "Is it always going to sound a like a helicopter landing when you get home?" right after I got the car.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote