Thread: 911T
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 08:40 PM   #22
Alan
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
Ha ha yeah. But the spec sheet for it looks pretty compelling. I don't think anyone on this board would buy any other 911, at this point, short of a GT3.

Just curious how the turbo engine feels.
I wouldn’t get it for a few reasons ... one of them being I do not like the 18 way seats and there is no way I’m getting those carbon fiber seats ... I am not a fan of the pull strap door handles and the pricing is not too far off from an ‘S’ . I priced one up with the rear axle steering these guys say you should have brings the price to $121k

I then priced a Carrera S with the sport package which includes the rear axle steering and I’m coming up with around $126k plus I get a rear defroster

Btw the cup holder placement they showed in the video really sucks, I once had a fast food soda(sprite) sitting in that cup holder and when I picked up the cup it was weak and the plastic top came off sending soda alll over and literally flooding the hvac controls. No matter what I did I could not get the sticky buttons to stop being sticky.

Finally gave in with the intentions of paying $1500 for new hvac controls and the dealer covered it under warranty !! I was shocked and ecstatic at the same time.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote