View Single Post
Old 06-30-2004, 10:05 PM   #7
lemming
Western Anomaly

Carmudgeonly Ride: White Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbr129
Well,

I looked up tirerack's recommended installers and found a place near me (Framingham) called Eurotech Automotive or something like that. He (Bill) seems to deal mostly with Porsches (he had a custom 993 TT cabrio with a rollbar in a bay and a couple of race-ready 911's there too). Anyhow, he patched it, and balanced it and asked for $20 cash. A total steal.

I am not happy about having a patch, but I don't track the car and very rarely touch 100mph briefly on a highway. The cut was razor-thin and about 1/2 inch long on the inside (where it counts). He did say, expectedly, that if the tire is not holding pressure, I'll need to replace it. In the meantime, for $20, I'm not with a donut.

Due to wedding-related issues, I will not be able to do an AutoX until at least September. So I will make the determination on whether it is safe to run AutoX on that tire. I'd be more concerned with a front tire though.

If the tire is bad, it will manifest itself as a slow leak. It wont blow up on me during normal driving.
hi guys. just got home. a little late to the game here.

bill pfister is awesome. he actually preps track cars. i like his shop a lot.

glad he took care of you. he and another porkchop shop in framingham is where i would have told you to go anyway.

sorry i wasn't around today but you handled, didn't you, tough guy?

lemming is offline   Reply With Quote