Thread: Chevy Colorado
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 12:32 PM   #49
bren
lawn boy

Carmudgeonly Ride: e46m3, f25x3,C5 Z06, C4 Vette, 06 CTD Ram, and a trailer
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumatt View Post
I don't get what you mean. Is there a Bakflip style that doesn't have a pull string to open?
I haven't done an exhaustive search for options, but I'm sure there are competing products. Though, I also think the coat hanger thing may be a bit of a anti-sales gimmick. You can most likely figure out a way to mitigate that issue (ie. Can you drill a hole and put a clip in the mechanism to lock it?) It's far more likely a thief will just grab a pry-bar and go at the cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumatt View Post
I'm with Bren on this one. If you are in a situation where you need 100% of the bed, the ability to see out isn't that big of a deal. Plus, if you really want to you can still take it off, just like any other tonneau.
Throw a car trailer behind your truck and you aren't using anything but the side mirrors to see behind. Eventually you even get used to the guy you can't shake who's following you so closely.

My folding cover has levers that clip under the bed rails. I can't remember who makes it, but it is really easy to take off and/or fold, but it doesn't flip-up to give full access to the bad so it has to be totally removed every once in a while for something.
bren is offline   Reply With Quote