Thread: Chevy Colorado
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 08:44 AM   #42
kognito
older fart than ZBB

Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumatt View Post

The interior is pretty econobox, but so far it isn't bothering me. I was tempted to get the GMC instead but it didn't have the same incentives so was 3k more expensive. And somehow it just felt like putting lipstick on a pig. If I'm getting a chevy, I'll just take the chevy.

The seats are pretty mediocre and a complaint of a lot of owners. I got the leather seats because they have less of a bulge around the edge of the seat bottom that makes people's legs fall asleep (including mine). That and the base seats look like garbage. The leather seats are flat and firm but they actually work reasonably well for me. Except the complete lack of side bolstering. Every corner I feel like I'm going to slide off the seat sideways.

Android auto is great. It's buggy but I'm sure they'll work that out. I want it in any new car I buy moving forward. Add this to the list of bad decisions being made by BMW (they don't offer it.)
I totally get the lipstick comment, but I found in the case of the 1/2 ton I wanted the GMC lipstick. (plus the GM "deals" at Labor Day made the GMC lipstick more attractive)

My system just downloaded two more apps last week, so it does look like the info center does continue to evolve.