View Single Post
Old 03-19-2020, 10:51 AM   #80
lemming
Western Anomaly

Carmudgeonly Ride: White Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
I have not driven the current Mustang GT with Performance Pack Level or whatever it is that would make it most equivalent. Autocross classing makes for weird things. The SS 1LE competes in class with both that GT and the GT350. Gearing and such.

Almost everyone I know that has a bit of time in both the Camaro ad Mustang (whether GT or GT350) think the Camaro is the better chassis platform. the one guy that thinks the GT350 is better is someone who has a long history of knowing what he's talking about. For the most part, everyone thinks the Mustang is a more livable car, though.

One of my all time favorite sounding American V8s is the Ford 302 that was in the Fox body. The Camaro is nice, but it's not that. No complains about what's in the Mustang, but again, it's not that 302. Does your car have the NPP exhaust? It makes a difference. not sure how much is from the valves and how much is ECU programing, but the NPP can certainly sound a louder, more aggressive note.
No NPP. That is regretful. I grabbed the car because it was hard enough to find a manual V8 convertible.

I agree that car sounds nasty and maybe that’s color in my thinking about my own car. Oh well.

lemming is offline   Reply With Quote