View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 10:06 AM   #89
JST

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
Nothing yet. The process seems to be:
  • Accept offer
  • upload docs (photos/pdfs of title, license, registration, odometer, and payoff quote if there's an outstanding loan
  • wait for them to "verify" the info
  • upload any supplementary docs they may ask for
  • schedule pickup

But like a lot of online processes, you don't really get to see full details of each step and what sub-steps there may be until you're on that step. So, I don't know what I don't know.

Their website says they are experiencing delays and closings that impact appointments and working with customers individually where those occur. The website says they will not extend an offer beyond 7 days due to c19, but is silent on what happens if you accept an offer and the transaction cannot be completed because of c19.

Maryland closed down non-essential businesses yesterday. Like a lot of states, the order makes some auto services essential, but leaves auto sales in an unclear status. A coalition of auto trade groups asked the WH yesterday to clarify the federal guidance on car/truck sales most of the state orders rely on for defining essential businesses.

My expectation is that I won't be able to get it done in my driveway. If that's the case, I am hopeful I can schedule the pick up in DC or VA.

Because of the wackiness in the quote numbers and not having any email confirmation of accepting the offer, I'm half-thinking when (if?) they contact me today or tomorrow, it will be a "We're very sorry, but..." message.
VA's order should still permit retail car sales to operate. As non-essential businesses, they are restricted but closure is not mandated.

Whether any of them actually still are operating is a different question.
JST is offline   Reply With Quote