View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 05:44 PM   #1216
ZBB
Relic

Carmudgeonly Ride: A very fast golf cart
Quote:
Originally Posted by kognito View Post
This seems to be a common complaint, so it might have nothing to do with the accident
I stopped by the body shop after work today, and they said the same thing. They said that Tesla needs to update the seal -- its not quite tall enough.

For now, I've pulled the seal up a little bit -- that's what they suggested. Should keep out any rain (so far, its only leaked during car washes).

I have an appointment scheduled with Tesla next week to look at it... Maybe this will allow a lemon law buy-back if they can't fix it

-------------------------------------------------

Insurance Update:
I finally started getting claim responses from the other insurance. I'm only partially happy.

1) Rental car costs. They only approved ~20% or so of the claim (about $1800). Seeking proof of repair delays. My insurance is working on it, and I asked the body shop for invoices while I was there. Basically they are stating that the repairs should have taken ~6 weeks, not nearly 5 months. Ugh.

2) Diminished Value. Got a call. Their offer is ~$2k less than the appraisal I have. I'm pushing for the appraisal value since its independent. We'll see how it goes...

I'm thinking about replacing the car. Time to start getting quotes.
- Carvana is offering ~$10k below Edmunds Trade-in (including ~$4.5k deduction for the accident).
- I haven't checked with CarMax yet. Previusly, they've only been slightly below Edmunds on my trade-ins...
- I may ask Tesla to see what their trade offer is.

I don't really want to take the depreciation hit, but the leaky trunk and just knowing the car was hit have me on edge. Maybe I need to sleep on it. Or just drive it until the Model Y comes out...

I hate this now. I love the car, but hate driving it knowing it was damaged/repaired to the extent it was...