View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 10:47 AM   #9
Theo
Crazy Old Man

Carmudgeonly Ride: M2C Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumatt View Post
What I hate is when all the traffic is doing 75, and they cherry pick someone out and give them a ticket.

There are drivers who are truly a danger and need to get tickets. Weaving in and out, tailgating like crazy, etc. If what they are doing is an attempt to ticket the people who deserve it most (rather than someone driving fast but safely), then I don't mind what they're trying to accomplish. If you are going to give 100 tickets, you might as well give them to the 100 biggest assholes.

Their way of achieving it seems a bit odd though. Also, they may be on the hunt for people with radar detectors. If they see you speeding in the distance, the guy might pull you over and give you a ticket regardless of what the gun said.
That exact thing happened to me two weeks ago. I was doing 80 in a 65 just following traffic and I got picked out of the crowd.

I normally always see the cop cars but never the bikes. I have not gotten a ticket in over three years so I am safe with traffic school, but still I know exactly what you mean.

I almost felt like saying, "So what made me different then the other 10 people next to me on the freeway doing the same exact speed!" Really really dumb.