View Single Post
Old 04-08-2023, 09:49 AM   #30
ZBB
Relic

Carmudgeonly Ride: A very fast golf cart
Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
Nice - love that you can get nice leather seats in that color. To get something similar with Porsche I’m pretty sure it would be an extra 7k!
The seats are a $300 option

Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
Really would like to try one with the updated engine. But I still wish they would do a turbo.
I drove an early ND at an auto show test drive thing when they first came out... Too long ago for me to compare to the ND2 spec.

The ND2 has 181HP vs 155 in the ND1 -- so a 16% bump. When I drove the manual last weekend, it felt good. Not super fast, but not slow either. I also drove it the morning after driving the 911, and honestly, it didn't feel like it accelerated much different (and I wasn't being particularly aggressive with either car)... Part of that might just be that you feel like you are going faster in the Miata -- I found I was just below the limit when I felt I was a few over (both in a 45 zone and a 65-posted freeway)...

This will mostly be a car used to run errands, go to the airport, etc. As long as its not rainy or too muggy, I can put the top down and enjoy those drives...