View Single Post
Old 04-16-2021, 09:05 AM   #41
kognito
older fart than ZBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post

The next question is how long will it last? If it's good for long enough, I think it may be worth the extra effort to apply. If I modify my application process a bit (leaving more clean up until the whole car is done), it would be a major shift towards being pro-PNS.

It actually has me rethinking the ceramic application. Hmm...
I have no scientific data, but I did my 2017 truck and the wife's 2020 fusion at about the same time 10 months ago. (within a few days) Both were treated with Iron X iron remover before coating was applied. I was surprised how much crap was in the new Ford finish, really glad I did the Iron X on it too, the truck really needed the Iron X

I used Mother's CMX ceramic coating.

Truck sits outside all the time, Fusion has a spot in the garage. The Fusion has spent the night outside maybe 2 times since doing the ceramic coating

The Fusion still "washes" with a California duster. The truck not so much. I have been able to get all the pollen off the truck with just a pass of the water hose, but it is no longer beading as nice as when first applied.

I now need to research what I have to do to the truck next . . . strip and re-apply or just re-apply