View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 09:56 AM   #22
Nick M3
Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
Here's my dilemma.

I have a ceramic (GYEON Q2 Syncro) that I intend to apply to the Camaro. Before I can do that, I need to do paint protection first to take care of some light swirls and marring that are already driving me nuts. I also want to remove a couple small pieces of factory PPF in front of the rear wheel and replace with higher quality self-healing PPF that cover more area. These sections got beat up pretty bad on the turbo and the 1LE's wider, stickier tires won't make that situation better.

I'd been waiting all winter for the weather to get warmer and now here we are. I've never done paint correction before, so I'd need to buy a tool, pads, and product...which means evaluating and decided on each of those or pay someone to do it. I have a guy that I trust to do it well and he would charge something about what it cost for me to buy that stuff. He's usually booked up pretty far in advance...and I kind of want to do it myself. I don't know why, but I'm nervous about doing it. Probably because of past horror stories of people burning through their paint in the old days (with the modern tools, pads, and products, it looks like you really have to go out of your way to make that happen), but I don't know.

What I want to do is remove the PPF, a strip/decontamination, clay, paint correct, add new PPF, ceramic, add a topper and be done.

This has all been eating at me every day since I got the car in greater and greater ways.
Buy a spray can of PNS and wipe it on the next time you wash it. Then you can keep dithering.

It's crazy low effort to apply.
1995 M3 S50B32
1990 325is
1989 M3 S54B32

Hers:
1989 325iX
1996 911 Turbo

Nick M3 is offline   Reply With Quote