View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 06:58 PM   #6
lemming
Western Anomaly

Carmudgeonly Ride: White Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by equ View Post
I haven't looked at the 718 that much... So I'm sure I could search as you could. However, as a real-world though short time owner of a 981 GT4, here are a few things that jump out:
- GT4 comes with PSC2 tires not PSS or PS4 street tires
- GT4 tire sizes are 245/295 not 235/265. While this means more grip, it's more planted in the rear
- GT4 comes with GT3 suspension bits. Again, less playful, more planted in the rear

Arguably, the boxsters and caymans I've owned and driven other than the gt4 are noticeably weaker than a 911 on power application, apex onward. You have to be far more careful applying, whereas you can get on earlier and harder on the 911. The GT4, while not rear-engined, corrects this a good amount by going from the simpler rear suspension to a 911-like rear suspension as well as widening the rears. To me, on the street, that's not more fun, but I'm sure it'll post better lap times. Also, even storing MPSC2 is a hassle as they cannot be in winter temperatures, let alone be driven in them. They are also inferior to the MPSS, MPS4 in the rain.
that's great input. thank you. i'll keep that in mind when i'm poking around in the cars tomorrow.

lemming is offline   Reply With Quote