View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 11:29 AM   #14
equ
Alphanumeric

Carmudgeonly Ride: 981S, 340i
I don't know, I rode in a friend's brand new A6 3.0T and on rough patches it rode much worse than my car with 45k miles on it. His must have been the base suspension, I'm not sure if they offer adaptive options, they must.

My spec:
- 6-speed (Do not regret this one bit, completely changes the character of the car)
- Sports package (I'm not sure what this gets you, I already dumped the wheels for m-sports)
- Comfort seats
- Adaptive suspension (not the passive m-sport), so adaptive shocks and roll-bar - with all the ride/handling benefits and probably some high cost in the long term
- 19" M-Sport wheels that AF is terrified of
- Michelin PSS, not runflat
- donut in boot - but it's quite big
- Adding M-Sport steering wheel soon (will lose heating function)

Winter is on 17" with tall, TALL 225/55 sidewalled Michelin X-Ice, again non-runflat.

My spec is far from perfect. Would have preferred:
- Full M-Sport with adaptive suspension (if simply for looks, I'm still missing the bumpers)
- Folding rear seats
- Nappa leather (mocha?)
- Better sound system (I have base)
- Rear camera (really? In a car this big)

Absolutely not the car for a "fun drive", but competent cruiser, enough grip and turn in. Just not a lot of feedback or response, if that's what you're looking for. I generally keep it in 'Normal'. Comfort for slow speeds and moon surfaces. Sport when I'm looking to hustle and for a firm highway ride.
equ is offline   Reply With Quote