View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 11:52 AM   #1
clyde
Chief title editor

What next again?

I passed the three year mark with the Focus ST a few days ago. It took longer than I would have expected, but I'm starting to get bored with it and starting to think about what to replace it with.

I have no time pressures and I am not unhappy with my current situation. There's also nothing out there I'm lusting over that is driving me into a process that ends with buying something specific. My budget is probably $40k and I don't really know what I want.

The usual suspects are on the list. Mustang GT. Chevy SS. Maybe the new Camaro SS. I'd take a drive in a Focus RS and see if that unexpectedly sways me like the Focus ST did, but I really don't think that will be different enough. A Mark 7 Golf R? Or even GTI? More refined than the ST, and probably better, but different enough? New or newish, I'm drawing a blank on anything else out there.

Then, I start thinking about what I could get used that's 5-15 years old, and depreciated a good bit. Or maybe even two kinda older cars...one for fun and one with four doors. I think about how much I kind of enjoyed driving the Miata every day (minus power and my refusal to do anything above absolutely minimal maintenance).

I still don't know what I'll think about the XK8 and how that may fill in, but I should have that here by the end of the month.

I don't know and I'm just beginning to think...

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote