View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 10:03 AM   #66
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by equ View Post
Yeah, I was about to say he was ZBB's friend (didn't remember/know the best man part). I'm sure he has a good feel for cars. Taycan base looks like a winner actually, needs different colors and wheels.

For long term ownership, I'd stay away from air suspension and 4ws and give up some nimbleness. I intentionally found a macan turbo (that I ended up not keeping) without air suspension and the ride (with PASM) was just fine.

Can you get a decent spec for $90k? Still a very large sum.. I'm a bit short of time and interest to go on the configurator, but if PASM and good seats are standard, that should be possible.

Yeah here’s one for 90k. Just added slightly nicer wheels, blue paint, adaptive cruise, 14 ways seats, Bose stereo, mobile charger (crazy it’s not standard).

http://www.porsche-code.com/PM2YGPQ3
PASM is standard.

90k is a lot but if you factor in:
Tax credit, dealer discount (this will be their volume model), and lower running costs vs a similar gas car, I think you’d be at the equivalent a 65k macan s in terms of ownership costs. Of course, if you really need AWD or a hatch that’s a moot comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
robg is offline   Reply With Quote